MKT 438 Week 4 Individual Assignment Effective Communication Case Study Analysis
Select one of the following case studies located in The Practice of Public Relations or a case study assigned or approved by faculty:
- The Tylenol Murders, Ch. 2
- Exxon Corporation’s Bad Good Friday, Ch. 5
- The Katrina Kalamity, Ch. 13
- Wendy’s Fingers a Hoaxer, Ch. 19
Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word case study analysis in which youevaluate the effectiveness of communication between an organization and its publics. Evaluate the effectiveness of the communication between the organization and its intended public(s) in the case study, including the following:
- Identify the different publics involved in the case study. Differentiate between the internal and external publics involved. What impact did the communications have on the intended public(s)? Could the message have been communicated more effectively? How?
- Identify the different PR communication tools and techniques that were used to inform, influence, and motivate the public(s) in the case. Evaluate the benefits and risks of using these tools. What other tools would you have used?
- If this crisis were to occur today, how would new technologies, such as the Internet, affect this case? Because of the recent globalization of markets, would the outcome of this case be different if the events occurred today?
Format your analysis consistent with APA guidelines