PSYCH 525 Week 6 Individual Assignment Personality Assessment Instrument or Inventory Critique
Select one psychological personality assessment instrument or inventory to serve as the basis of this assignment.
Explore the psychological literature to find three to five articles that test the use of this inventory or assessment on a specific population. This population could be a particular disorder, such as bulimia or obsessive-compulsive disorder, or a demographic population.
Write a 1,750- to 2,100-word in-depth examination of your selected test and its uses. Include the following in your paper:
- Describe the characteristics, uses, and purposes of your selected assessment instrument or inventory.
- Analyze the relationship between your selected assessment and one of the major theories of personality.
- Summarize your research findings, paying particular attention to differences in the ability of the instrument to differentiate diagnostically between the target population and the general population.
- Identify the psychometric properties of the test for the particular population.
- Conclude from a review of the literature whether or not the instrument is an adequate measure of your selected characteristic. Analyze any ethical considerations associated with your selected assessment.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.