BIS 220 Week 1 Individual Assignment Information Technology Acts Paper
Select two of the following acts to research:
- Do Not Call Implementation Act, 2003
- Controlling the Assault of Non-solicited Pornography and Marketing (CAN-SPAM) Act, 2003
- Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA), 2002
- Uniting and Strengthening America by Providing Appropriate Tools Required to Intercept and Obstruct Terrorism Act (US Patriot Act), 2001,renewed 2006
- Children’s Internet Protection Act, 2000
- Financial Services Modernization Act, 1999
- Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), 1998
- No Electronic Theft (NET) Act, 1997
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), 1996
- Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), 1991
- Video Privacy Protection Act, 1988
- Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, 1986
- Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 1986
- The Cable Communications Policy Act, 1984
- Electronic Funds Transfer Act, 1978
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, 1974
- Fair Credit Reporting Act, 1970
Prepare a 800 to 1,000 word paper that answers the following question: Note: The Reference page does not count towards the word count.
What were the advances in information technology that resulted in new ethical issues necessitating the creation of each act?
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.